JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi has its first $100,000 lottery winner.
Jimmy Kenne of Pelahatchie purchased a $100,000 Jackpot scratch-off game at a gas station in Ridgeland while on his way to work.
Upon seeing his winning ticket, he asked his boss to make sure he was seeing the amount correctly.
“’What’s the matter with you?’" his wife Becky recalled. “He told me he won $100,000, and I told him to quit lying to me!”
A Greenwood woman won $20,000 and a Hickory woman won $2,000.
- Pelahatchie man is Mississippi Lottery's first $100k winner
- The lottery may soon come to Mississippi
- Lottery ticket applications open for Mississippi retailers
- Contract signed for Mississippi Lottery equipment
- Mississippi retailers gearing up for lottery launch
- Mississippi Main Street announces local award winners
- Mississippi lottery bill advances, but more work remains
- Lottery bill passes Mississippi Senate but falters in House
- Bill to create Mississippi lottery heading to governor
- Gov. Bryant appoints Mississippi Lottery Corporation Board of Directors