Police announced the arrest of a third suspect in connection with the Sunday, Jan. 23 shooting at a car wash in Columbus.
The headline in the little newspaper said COVID-19 numbers were spiking in the farm towns of western Minnesota. Doctors urged people to get vaccinations, the Monitor-News reported. But to some in the town of Benson, the Monitor-News was lying. It's vaccinations that are killing people, they say. It’s another measure of how, in an America increasingly split by warring visions of itself, division doesn’t just play out on cable television, or in mayhem at the U.S. Capitol. It has seeped into the American fabric, all the way to Benson’s 12th Street, where two next-door neighbors -- the publisher of the Monitor-News, and a harsh critic -- can live in different worlds.
Will the pandemic ever really be “over”? And what would that mean? A new AP-NORC poll shows that few Americans – just 15% – say they’ll consid…
They currently have about 324 employees in the district but they are in need of 60 more.
Alabama lawmakers have given final approval to a plan to use more than $700 million in pandemic relief funds on a mix of broadband, water and sewer projects and healthcare reimbursements. The Alabama House of Representative passed the bill 100-0. The governor is expected to sign the plan. Gov. Kay Ivey, in a statement Thursday, called lawmakers into special session to pass the plan.
A north Alabaman man died in a collision Thursday morning, Jan. 27 in Lawrence County.
The U.S. Supreme Court is considering whether to let the state of Alabama execute an inmate who contends an intellectual disability combined w…
A combative Roy Moore has denied on the witness stand that he knew the woman who says the failed U.S. Senate candidate sexually molested her when she was 14. Attorneys for Moore's accuser, Leigh Corfman, called the former Alabama judge to testify Thursday in a trial dealing with dueling defamation suits they filed against each other. Corfman's allegations that Moore touched her inappropriately in 1979 when he was in his 30s were published as he ran for the Senate in 2017. He ultimately lost that race. Moore pointed at Corfman in the courtroom Thursday as he insisted: “I never met that woman.” Corfman says his denials defamed her reputation.
Georgia’s secretary of state called on a voting technology expert to ask a judge to release a report detailing alleged security vulnerabilitie…
A 51-year-old man accused of fatally shooting a Houston-area deputy during a traffic stop this past weekend is being held without bond after b…
- Body of missing New Albany man found
- UPDATE: Man safe after reported missing from Tupelo group home
- Coroner identifies men killed in Reform, Alabama
- Vehicle found during search for missing New Albany man
- Commissioner reports company for giving away tablets without consumer information
- Repo worker wounded Tuesday night in Columbus
- Officer Johnny Patterson laid to rest after traffic accident
- Two killed in Oxford wreck during weekend
- Tupelo hospital system under great deal of stress
- Tupelo PD investigating check fraud
- Lee County school officer struck while directing traffic will be taken off life support
- Booneville shooting: Two in custody, third wanted for questioning
- Coast Guard: 1 body recovered, 38 still missing off Florida
- Tupelo man faces shooting-related charges
- Food Giant is having to cut back on their hours due to Covid-19 and a worker's shortage