A man is dead and two others hurt in a Winona shooting.
The World Health Organization says in its latest weekly pandemic report that the number of coronavirus deaths fell by 9% in the last week while new cases remained relatively stable. The U.N. health agency said Wednesday there were more than 14,000 COVID-19 deaths last week and nearly 7 million new infections. The Western Pacific reported a 30% jump in cases while Africa reported a 46% drop. The WHO said that the omicron subvariant BA.5 remains dominant globally, accounting for nearly 70% of all virus sequences shared with the world’s biggest publicly available virus database.
Data obtained by CNN from New York's largest health-care provider indicates you're very unlikely to become severely ill with Covid-19 if you'r…
After being diagnosed with Covid-19 last month, President Joe Biden recently tested negative for the coronavirus, only to test positive again …
The Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles has denied parole to an inmate who is accused of killing three people during his last release from pr…
An independent commission says renaming nine U.S. Army posts that commemorate Confederate officers would cost $21 million. The name changes wo…
Joe Arpaio, the 90-year-old former Arizona sheriff who was a once powerful figure in Republican politics, was defeated Wednesday in a race for mayor of the affluent suburb where he has lived for more than two decades. His defeat in the mayor’s race in Fountain Hills against two-term incumbent Ginny Dickey marks Arpaio’s third failed comeback bid since his 2016 loss after serving 24 years as the sheriff of Maricopa County. The political stakes of running in Fountain Hills were much lower for Arpaio than when he served as the top law enforcer of a county of over 4 million people.
Former longtime Sheriff Joe Arpaio loses race for mayor of Fountain Hills in his third failed comeback bid in Arizona.
Haylie Duff and Children's Optometrist Share Why Summer Vacation is for Sun, Fun and a Tech Time-Out
- Murder arrest made for 2021 death of toddler in Pontotoc County
- Police identify men arrested after bar shooting in Tupelo
- Tupelo police arrest two accused of having bombs
- Bond denied for Oxford murder suspect
- 1 dead, 2 wounded in Clay County shooting
- First day of classes at Tupelo High School was a historic one
- UPDATE: All four Alcorn County jail escapees caught
- Police SUV collided with rear of school bus in Fulton
- Trio charged with helping Alcorn County escapees
- 4-year-old accidentally shot herself in Macon; died at hospital