Booneville beat Enterprise Clarke 8-0 on Friday to win the 3A state softball title.
Covid-19 infections are on the rise, with most US states reporting an increase in cases. According to the US Centers for Disease Control and P…
More than one million people have now died of Covid-19 in the US since the pandemic's start, according to Tuesday data from Johns Hopkins Univ…
Two school workers have filed suit claiming a central Alabama school system is wrongly trying to make them repay more than $55,000 total in salary that administrators claim they weren’t due. Chilton County school employees Christie Payne and Shellie Smith sued on Friday. Both workers deny they were overpaid. The system is seeking more than $23,000 from Payne and nearly $33,000 from Smith. Superintendent Jason Griffin is named in the lawsuit. He didn’t file an immediate response in court but has publicly defended the repayment demands in the past. A judge blocked the system from collecting the money and set a hearing for May 31.
Alabama’s unemployment rate has dropped to an all-time low of 2.8%. The state says the rate in April was down slightly from a month earlier an…
A judge ordered Wednesday accused murderer Casey White give a DNA sample. No reason was given why.
The Ukrainian forces who made a determined last stand in a Mariupol steel mill against Russian troops were a mixture of seasoned soldiers, border guards, a controversial national guard regiment and volunteers who took up arms in the weeks before Russia’s invasion. As Russia announced it had completed its takeover of Mariupol with the surrender of the fighters who served as the final obstacle, Ukraine’s government did not confirm the city’s fall. Earlier in the week, Ukrainian officials said its combantants in the Azovstal steel plant had completed their mission and were being evacuated, describing them as heroes who had fulfilled a grueling task.
Today in History
Boeing's astronaut capsule has arrived at the International Space Station in a critical repeat test flight. Only a test dummy was aboard the c…
- Mystery issue experienced on NASA's Voyager 1 probe from 1977
- Teenagers arrested for Thursday evening shooting in Myrtle
- Murder suspect wanted in Pontotoc County
- Suspect arrested in Columbus for Waterworks Road murder
- More info released about Tupelo wreck near Crosstown
- Film production continues across North Mississippi
- Winning lottery ticket worth $50K purchased in Calhoun County
- New Site graduate going to Harvard
- Teen charged with tractor burglary in Tupelo
- Tupelo PD seeking information about Sunday robbery