STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - GameStop on Highway 12 in Starkville was shut down after firefighters battled a fire in the back of the building.
In a Facebook post, firefighters said the structure fire broke out early Tuesday morning.
The fire alarm and fire sprinkler system activation alerted the fire department.
Firefighters who responded to the scene said they were able to contain the fire and keep damage to a minimum because the "fire codes and safety building feature worked perfectly."
Investigators said the cause of the fire was a ceiling bathroom exhaust fan.
The post read, "This could have had a completely different ending it if were not for the fire sprinkler system and fire alarm system all working just like designed."
- GameStop shut down after fire
- 18-wheeler fire shuts down part of I-22
- Chop shop in Myrtle shut down
- Gas leak temporarily shuts down Saltillo Sonic
- Gas leak shuts down street in downtown Okolona
- Volunteers prepare Christmas dinner for elderly and shut-ins
- Family Circle magazine to shut down after December issue
- UPDATE: Troopers: Welfare check shuts down Highway 45 Alternate near Crawford
- US shuts down major San Diego port of entry as migrants rush border
- 3 railroad crossings to be shut down for repairs in Nettleton