TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The district attorney’s office is now handling the case involving the death of a state transportation worker in Itawamba County.
A picture of Jeff Boren on the Facebook page of Ozark Baptist Church on September 12, 2019
Boren worked for the Mississippi Department of Transportation as a construction manager.
According to a district engineer, Boren was on the shoulder of the interstate picking up a road sign when the collision happened.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation and the Mississippi Highway Patrol have since transferred the case over to District Attorney John Weddle.
Weddle said his office is reviewing the case.
He said no charges have been filed in the case, but he plans to present it to a grand jury for further review.
- District attorney reviewing case of MDOT worker killed in Itawamba County
- MDOT worker struck, killed in Itawamba County
- MDOT pavement preservation project set to begin in Itawamba County
- MDOT worker involved in Lowndes County rollover
- Winners announced for MDOT District 1 roadeo
- MDOT: Multimodal grants awarded for northern district
- MDOT worker dies in south Mississippi accident
- MDOT awards construction contracts
- Landslides worry MDOT engineers
- Itawamba County businessman killed in wreck