Areas Affected: Adams; Attala; Bolivar; Carroll; Choctaw; Claiborne; Clarke; Clay; Copiah; Covington; Forrest; Franklin; Grenada; Hinds; Holmes; Humphreys; Issaquena; Jasper; Jefferson; Jefferson Davis; Jones; Kemper; Lamar; Lauderdale; Lawrence; Leake; Leflore; Lincoln;
...FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO
9 AM CST THURSDAY...
* TEMPERATURE...Lows in the mid to upper 20s possible tonight into early Thursday with temperatures below freezing for 6 to 12 hours.
* IMPACTS...There will be danger to sensitive vegetation.
A Freeze Warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
Areas Affected: Alcorn; Benton; Calhoun; Lafayette; Panola; Pontotoc; Quitman; Tallahatchie; Tippah; Union; Yalobusha
...Early Season Winter Storm to Impact Most of the Mid-South
Today into Thursday...
.Moisture is expected to surge northwest this morning from
Alabama and lift over colder air as an upper level low pressure
system moves into Eastern Arkansas, the Missouri Bootheel and
West Tennessee. Precipitation will predominately fall in the form
of snow. However, freezing drizzle and sleet may occur at times
especially during the morning hours. The heaviest amounts of snow
will be seen across portions of Northeast Arkansas, the Missouri
Bootheel and Northwest Tennessee. Precipitation is expected to
end early Thursday across the south and during the midday hours
over the north.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST
* WHAT...A mix of snow, sleet and freezing drizzle is occurring. Additional light accumulations are expected.
* WHERE...Portions of North Mississippi and West Tennessee.
* WHEN...Until 6 AM CST Thursday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Hazardous travel conditions may occur in some areas. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Winter Weather Advisory for blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to strong winds blowing snow around. Use caution when traveling, especially in open areas. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Areas Affected: Autauga; Bibb; Blount; Chilton; Dallas; Fayette; Greene; Hale; Jefferson; Lamar; Lowndes; Marengo; Marion; Perry; Pickens; Shelby; Sumter; Tuscaloosa; Walker; Winston
...FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED ACROSS THE WEST HALF OF
CENTRAL ALABAMA TONIGHT INTO THURSDAY MORNING...
...FREEZE WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON
* TEMPERATURE...Lows 29 to 32.
* IMPACTS...Temperatures in this range could kill sensitive vegetation.
A Freeze Warning means sub freezing temperatures are imminent or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
Areas Affected: Bolivar; Carroll; Grenada; Leflore; Montgomery; Sunflower
...LIGHT SNOW WILL GRADUALLY TAPER OFF ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE
ARKLAMISS THORUGH LATE AFTERNOON...
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation. Additional light snow and ice accumulations are possible through the late afternoon hours.
* WHERE...Portions of north central and northwest Mississippi.
* WHEN...Until midnight CST tonight.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions, including during the evening commute. Be prepared for reduced visibilities at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.