Speech to Text for Fire claims life of pet in Pontotoc County
Below is the closed-captioning text associated with this video. Since this uses automated speech to text spelling and grammar may not be accurate.
mourning the loss of their family pet in an early morning house fire. wtva's amanda haley has more on the family working to pick up the pieces.... according to residents, five people lived in the home; however no one was there at the time of the fire...except for their 7 month old pitbull. (vo) multiple fire departments responded to the fire in algoma this morning. according to pontotoc county fire coordinator adam patton. the fire happened on kizer trail. the harris family is mourning the loss of their 7-month-old pitbull after he died this morning from smoke inhalation, according to james harris. amanda harris tells me they had just left the house to go have coffee with her mother who lives up the street. sheays by the time they got to the house, her bedroom was already engulfed. demon, the families pet pit pull, was in his crate during the fire. harris tells me the dog was still breathing when firefighters brought him out of the house, but he died moments later. harris is thankful that demon did not have any burns and the fire did not reach him..unfortunatley the smoke did. sot- james harris- trt-11 oc; passed on " the firemen tried to give him mouth to mouth to keep him breathing but it was just too much for him and he passed on." ((as live tag)) the harris family says they are leaning on each other during this. they say they know they will get through this but they will never forget their beloved pet, demon. amanda haley, algoma, wtva 9 news. the harris family believes the fire started from a fuse box inside the master bedroom of the home.... at ,