BREAKING NEWS: Law enforcement investigate double homicide in Calhoun County Full Story
SEVERE WX: Flash Flood Watch - Dense Fog Advisory View Alerts
STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

Joel's Thursday Afternoon Forecast: Record-breaking temperatures fall quickly as front arrives

February 7, 2019

Posted: Feb. 7, 2019 12:47 PM
Updated: Feb. 7, 2019 12:47 PM

Speech to Text for Joel's Thursday Afternoon Forecast: Record-breaking temperatures fall quickly as front arrives

Below is the closed-captioning text associated with this video. Since this uses automated speech to text spelling and grammar may not be accurate.

thursday:showers and thunderstorms are likely, especially after noon. a few afternoon storms could be on the strong to severe side, mainly across northern sections of our area. otherwise, we're mostly cloudy, with a temperature rising to near 76 by early afternoon, then falling into the upper 50s and lower 60s by sunset. strong south wind around 15-25 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon. winds could gust as high as 30 mph. chance of precipitation is 70%. new precipitation amounts between 0.10" and 0.75" possible,except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. thursday night:showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 9pm, then a chance of showers. mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. north wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. chance of precipitation is 20%. new precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. friday:mostly sunny, with a high near 41. north wind 10 to 15 mph. friday night:partly cloudy, with a low around 27. north northeast wind around 10 mph. saturday:mostly sunny, with a high near 48. northeast wind around 10 mph. saturday night:mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. east northeast wind around 5 mph becoming southeast after midnight. sunday:rain likely, especially later in the afternoon. mostly cloudy, with a high near 55. southeast wind around 5 mph. chance of precipitation is 40%. sunday night:rain likely. cloudy, with a low around 49. chance of precipitation is 60%. monday:rain. high near 56. chance of precipitation is 60%. monday night:showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. cloudy, with a low around 49. chance of precipitation is 60%. tuesday:showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. cloudy, with a high near 63. chance of precipitation is 60%. tuesday night:a 30 percent chance of rain. mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. wednesday:mostly sunny with a few lingering showers in the morning. expect a high near 51. ." likely, especially after noon. a few afternoon storms could be on the strong to severe side, mainly across northern sections of our area. otherwise, we're mostly cloudy, with a temperature rising to near 76 by early afternoon, then falling into the upper 50s and lower 60s by sunset. strong south wind around 15-25 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon. winds could gust as high as 30 mph. chance of precipitation is 70%. new precipitation amounts between 0.10" and 0.75" possible,except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. thursday night:showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 9pm, then a chance of showers. mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. north wind around 15 mph, with gusts
Tupelo
Broken Clouds
43° wxIcon
Hi: 48° Lo: 46°
Feels Like: 36°
Columbus
Overcast
46° wxIcon
Hi: 53° Lo: 50°
Feels Like: 42°
Oxford
Broken Clouds
32° wxIcon
Hi: 46° Lo: 44°
Feels Like: 32°
Starkville
Overcast
45° wxIcon
Hi: 50° Lo: 47°
Feels Like: 45°
WTVA Radar
WTVA Temperatures
WTVA Severe Weather