Joel's 12 p.m. forecast

May 16, 2018

Posted: Wed May 16 10:57:33 PDT 2018
Updated: Wed May 16 10:57:33 PDT 2018

Speech to Text for Joel's 12 p.m. forecast

Below is the closed-captioning text associated with this video. Since this uses automated speech to text spelling and grammar may not be accurate.

less than 30 percent at any time during the afternoon. this may linger into the overnight. but chances decrease to around 10 percent during that time. temperatures dip into the upper 60s by thursday morning. as we head into your thursday, showers and storms become a bit more widespread. highs will be a bit cooler since sunshine will be a little less common. temperatures climb only into the upper 80s, which is still much warmer than our average highs for this time of year. the summer-like pattern continues, but with showers and storms into your thursday with even greater rainfall coverage. we'll increase rain chances from 30 percent on wednesday to 40 percent on thursday. then as we head into your friday, those rain chances increase to 60 percent. temperatures will still be very warm for this time of year, likely into the mid and upper 80s. overnight lows will still be in the upper 60s. a few stronger storms are possible at times. but these are not necessarily likely to be severe. same story goes for the weekend forecast. sporadic showers and storms are possible with afternoon highs in the upper 80s. and this pattern will continue into the first of next week with highs in the upper 80s and lows in the 60s. for more details, visit our websites at wtva.com and wlov.com. right now, both the mississippi university for women's men baseballand women's softball teams are playing... in the college world series... with the united states collegiate athletic association... the men are taking on selma university in the elimination round semi-final... and the women are facing new hampshire technical institute.... tight one or two isolated showers or storms will be possible, with coverage mainly at or less than 30 percent at any time during the afternoon. this may linger into the overnight. but chances decrease to around 10 percent during that time. temperatures dip into the upper 60s by thursday morning. as we head into your thursday, showers and storms become a bit more widespread. highs will be a bit cooler since sunshine will be a little less common. temperatures climb only into the upper 80s, which is still much warmer than our average highs for this time of year. the summer-like pattern continues, but with showers and storms into your thursday with even greater rainfall coverage. we'll increase rain chances from 30 percent on wednesday to 40 percent on thursday. then as we head into your friday, those rain chances increase to 60 percent. temperatures will still be very warm for this time of year, likely into the mid and upper 80s. overnight lows will still be in the upper 60s. a few stronger storms are possible at times. but these are not necessarily likely to be severe. same story goes for the weekend forecast. sporadic showers and storms are possible with afternoon highs in the upper 80s. and this pattern will continue into the first of next week with highs in the upper 80s and lows in the 60s. for more details, visit our websites at wtva.com and wlov.com. one or two isolated showers or storms will be possible, with coverage mainly at or less than 30 percent at any time during the afternoon. this may linger into the overnight. but chances decrease to around 10 percent during that time. temperatures dip into the upper 60s by thursday morning. as we head into your thursday, showers and storms become a bit more widespread. highs will be a bit cooler since sunshine will be a little less common. temperatures climb only into the upper 80s, which is still much warmer than our average highs for this time of year. the summer-like pattern continues, but with showers and storms into your thursday with even greater rainfall coverage. we'll increase rain chances from 30 percent on wednesday to 40 percent on thursday. then as we head into your friday, those rain chances increase to 60 percent. temperatures will still be very warm for this time of year, likely into the mid and upper 80s. overnight lows will still be in the upper 60s. right now, both the mississippi university for women's
Tupelo
Clear
64° wxIcon
Hi: 77° Lo: 57°
Feels Like: 64°
Columbus
Clear
68° wxIcon
Hi: 80° Lo: 59°
Feels Like: 68°
Oxford
Clear
66° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 54°
Feels Like: 66°
Starkville
Clear
70° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 70°
WTVA Radar
WTVA Temperatures
WTVA Severe Weather