BREAKING NEWS: Suspect wanted in fatal Lee County drive-by shooting arrested Full Story

Joel's Wednesday Morning Forecast

May 16, 2018

Posted: Wed May 16 03:12:05 PDT 2018
Updated: Wed May 16 03:12:05 PDT 2018

Speech to Text for Joel's Wednesday Morning Forecast

Below is the closed-captioning text associated with this video. Since this uses automated speech to text spelling and grammar may not be accurate.

>> meteorologist: welcome back, you are watching wtva nine news today, the time is now 4:48 tracking a few thunderstorms, some of which are a little hefty. we have been tracking there over the last few minutes. frequent thunder and lightning here with this cell popping up. right along highway nine, this is really throughout the heart of webster county. slowly drifting to the east at 20-25 miles per hour. we have another cluster of thunderstorms developing here, right here. these are drifting to the northeast as well. eventually moving into parts of western union county. we have one right here, don't want forget this one down here. some what widespread this morning and this is something we are going to see, not only this morning but also this afternoon, temperatures near 70 this morning. a lot of warmth. a lot of humidity to go around, live in columbus shows we are rain free. we had thunderstorms earlier this morning. these are new thunderstorms that have developed, winds out of the south at six miles per hour. these storms are not on the severe side, they are maybe just strong, lot of loud thunder and lightning. we may see these through the morning. sometime between 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. we may catch a break with that, can't rule out a few isolated showers and storms. a 30% chance of storms, that goes up to 40% in the afternoon, a few of those as we build a little more heat and humidity, could be on the severe side. just a few pop ups. you never know where they pop up. here's a look at storm tracker at lunch time, we get that lull later in the morning then green specks pop up around lunch time. afternoon hours, 3:00 p.m., a few more thunderstorms pop up, some of these, weather they pop up over mississippi on alabama could produce strong, damaging winds and maybe small hail. going into the overnight tonight, we should see that calm down, we could still see a few strong storms like we see this morning as we go into tomorrow morning. highs today in the upper 80, maybe some low 90s across the south. even if the temperature only gets into the upper 80s, the heat index will be in the 90s. seven day forecast, highs in the upper 80s. 40% chance of rain just about every day. tomorrow a 60% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms, some of which could be on strong side. that's a look at the seven day forecast, we will continue to track
48° wxIcon
Hi: 59° Lo: 43°
Feels Like: 45°
47° wxIcon
Hi: 63° Lo: 45°
Feels Like: 44°
45° wxIcon
Hi: 57° Lo: 41°
Feels Like: 42°
43° wxIcon
Hi: 62° Lo: 42°
Feels Like: 43°
WTVA Radar
WTVA Temperatures
WTVA Severe Weather