Speech to Text for Firefighter injured while battling Lowndes County house fire
Below is the closed-captioning text associated with this video. Since this uses automated speech to text spelling and grammar may not be accurate.
firefighter has been sent to the burn center in jackson after battling a house fire overnight. the family managed to get out safely butthey've lost everything. this happened just east of columbus in the steens area. that's where wtva's cody long is live with more. it's a busy time for firefighters as the temperatures drop...it was a heater that started the fire at this home.. the family got out with just the clothes they had on...we've also learned a firefighter was burned trying to put out the flames. volunteer firefighters were called out to this home on sycamore lane just before 3:30 tuesday morning. a family of three..and man, woman and seven year old boy got out safely but lost nearly everything in the fire. baron mckee is a city of columbus firefighter but lives in the steens area and was acting as a volunteer.he suffered burns and was taken to the burn center in jackson where he is in stable condition. i spoke to the man who lives here.he didn't want to talk on camera. he says his wife woke him up saying the home was on fire..the fire started in a small shop just behind the house..it quickly spread to the home.he said there was a space heater but he didn't have it turned up high.and that he had plenty of space around it. he did save his dodge ram truck by driving it out from under the carport.. the people here are described by many as very humble..they say they're getting a lot of help and don't need anything. but cj's pizza in columbus is accepting donations for the family. live in lowndes county, cody long, wtva 9 news. another firefighter