UTICA, Miss. (AP) — A worker has died after falling from a cell phone tower in central Mississippi.
Hinds County Sheriff's Major Pete Luke tells local media that the man fell before 10 a.m. Monday. The victim's name is being withheld pending notification of family members.
Luke says the tower was being erected off Mississippi 27 near Utica, in southwestern Hinds County.
At least two other men were working on the tower when the man fell. No one was else was reported as injured.
It wasn't immediately clear how far the man fell.
- Worker dies after fall from Mississippi cell tower
- MDOT worker dies in south Mississippi accident
- Mississippi man dies after house trailer falls on him
- Inmate assault puts cell block on lockdown in Mississippi
- Inmate found unresponsive in cell at Mississippi prison
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Sheriff: Inmate dies after being found unresponsive in cell
- Man dead after falling from water tower in Jackson
- Man falls to death at Mississippi refinery
- Mississippi couple dies in house fire