RUSSELLVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities are trying to answer questions surrounding the death of a woman whose body was found at a northwest Alabama landfill.
Police say state medical examiners will conduct an autopsy to determine what killed 29-year-old Casie Winborn of Russellville.
Winborn's remains were found Monday at an old landfill that Russellville Utilities uses to get rid of debris.
The TimesDaily reports that police say Winborn's sister had called authorities the night asking officers to check on the woman. She told authorities she hadn't been able to get in touch with Winborn for more than a day.
Police Sgt. Jake Tompkins says police have a lot of questions, and they're hoping forensics will point investigators in the right direction.
- Woman's body found at north Alabama landfill
- Alabama woman's body found weeks after disappearance
- Body found under Alabama bridge
- Body of missing woman found
- Body found in North Carolina identified as Alabama man, 54
- Alabama officials identify woman's body found this month
- Missing Alabama woman's body found at bottom of a well
- Police: Body of missing Alabama toddler found
- Bodies found in Alabama linked to missing rapper, promoter
- Authorities: Body found in shallow grave in Alabama