JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A woman has been shot multiple times in Mississippi's capital city.
Jackson Police told WAPT-TV that officers found the woman on the ground with wounds to her hip and leg after responding to a shots fire call. Police say the shooting occurred around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Police say the victim told officers that the suspect was a male driving a white sedan. The woman was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The identity of the woman has not been released.
- Woman shot multiple times in Mississippi capital city
- Man dies after being shot multiple times in Mississippi
- Suspect shot multiple times by police in Alabama
- Elderly Mississippi woman shot, killed; boyfriend arrested
- Mississippi man shot by officer sues city, state
- No arrest for first-time weed possession in Mississippi city
- April the deadliest month of 2018 in Mississippi capital
- Police drop capital murder charge against Mississippi teen
- Jackson Police: Brother stabs younger brother multiple times
- Sheriff: 4 shot in Mississippi by man seeking to shoot woman