NEELY, Miss. (AP) — A woman has died in a fire at in a camper in southern Mississippi.
WLOX-TV said the fire was reported just after midnight Thursday in the Avera community in Greene County.
Neely Fire Chief Ray Dixon said a man and woman were in the small trailer when it caught fire. Dixon said the man made it out and made it to neighbors, who called for help.
The man was unable to get the woman out. She died at the scene. The man was flown to the burn center at USA Hospital in Mobile, Alabama.
Their names have not been released.
The cause of the fire has not been determined.
- Woman dies in fire in southern Mississippi camper
- Mississippi woman dies while trying to rescue pets in fire
- Mississippi couple dies in house fire
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Southern Mississippi marks tornado's one-year anniversary
- Mississippi firefighter dies in crash on way to weekend fire
- Officials: Man, 1-year-old died in Mississippi house fire
- Mississippi police officer dies after 1-vehicle crash
- Inmate, 57, dies in Mississippi prison
- Inmate dies after fight in Mississippi prison