MORTON, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi woman has died after she was arrested earlier this week near Morton.
Scott County Sheriff Mike Lee says deputies responded Tuesday after someone reported a disturbance at a mobile home. When they arrived, deputies arrested Miranda Brooke Musgrove.
Lee says Musgrove was having trouble answering questions, so they called an ambulance but she refused treatment. WLBT-TV reports Musgrove's mother was called to look after her child before they took her to jail. That took about 45 minutes. As they drove to the jail, Lee says Musgrove became lethargic, so another ambulance was called. Paramedics transported her to a hospital, where Lee says she later died.
Lee says they're awaiting autopsy results to determine how she died. He says there was evidence of substance abuse at the home.
- Woman dies after arrest near Morton
- Elderly Mississippi woman shot, killed; boyfriend arrested
- Woman attacked by dogs last month has died
- Woman dies in fire in southern Mississippi camper
- Mississippi woman dies while trying to rescue pets in fire
- Mississippi woman dies after colliding with police cruiser
- Activist who was 1st black woman mayor in Mississippi dies
- Tuscaloosa officer dies, suspect arrested in Alabama shooting
- Woman arrested after sister's body found in house
- Man arrested in strangling death of Mississippi woman