RUSSELLVILLE, Ala. (AP) — A woman has been charged with murder after the shooting death of her husband in northwest Alabama.
Franklin County Sheriff Shannon Olive told Al.com that 58-year-old Michael Cody was found with gunshot wounds inside his living room on Saturday night. Olive says Cody was shot once in the arm and head.
Olive says Cody's wife, Connie Mae Cody, was questioned and taken into custody after she called authorities. The couple moved to Georgia from Wisconsin within the past month.
- Woman charged with murder in fatal shooting with husband
- Missing woman's body identified, husband's charges upgraded
- Wife accused of fatally shooting husband in Alabama
- Boyfriend charged in fatal shooting of Alabama woman
- Man charged in fatal central Mississippi shooting
- Mississippi woman's conviction in husband's death overturned
- Police: Alabama woman charged with murder in mother's death
- Man charged with murder in shooting at Alabama family party
- Ex-police recruit charged with murder in Alabama shooting
- Mississippi authorities investigate fatal shooting by deputy