FLORENCE, Ala. (AP) - Authorities say a woman is charged with assisting an Alabama inmate who was recaptured in the Tennessee Valley.
The Department of Corrections says 26-year-old escapee Xavier Lamont Armstead was arrested in Florence on Wednesday. Officers also arrested 23-year-old Kayla Jean Fryer, who they say was with the prisoner when he was arrested.
She's being charged with hindering the apprehension of an escaped inmate. Armstead is being charged with escape and other offenses. He was serving 19 years for burglary convictions in Colbert County.
- Woman charged with helping Alabama prison escapee
- Search continues for 2 prison escapees
- Alabama jail escapee captured in Georgia
- UPDATE: Lauderdale County escapee recaptured
- UPDATE: Rankin County escapee captured
- UPDATE: South Mississippi escapee captured
- Crash leads police to missing teen, escapee in Alabama
- Alabama woman facing rape charge
- UPDATE: Yazoo County jail escapee captured
- Search underway for south Mississippi escapee