BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a woman accused of fatally shooting her husband has been arrested in Alabama.
The Jefferson County Coroner's Office told Al.com that 41-year-old Keith Franklin Hilyer was killed on Saturday night. His 33-year-old wife was taken into custody to be questioned by detectives.
It wasn't immediately clear what led to the shooting but authorities called it a domestic violence investigation.
Sheriff's officials said Hilyer was pronounced dead at the scene. Coroner's officials said he had been shot multiple times.
The name of Hilyer's wife has not been released.
- Wife accused of fatally shooting husband in Alabama
- Alabama man kills wife, kid before fatally shooting himself
- Woman charged with murder in fatal shooting with husband
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed
- Convicted killer accused of fatally stabbing Alabama inmate
- Mississippi man accused of abducting estranged wife
- Fatal shooting marks 100th killing this year in Alabama city
- Police: Alabama man captured in Florida after fatal shooting
- Man sentenced to death in Alabama for teen's fatal shooting
- Tennessee pair arrested in fatal shooting of Alabama man