JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Wednesday's severe weather left behind damage in central and south Mississippi.
Five homes were damaged in the Martinsville area, but no one was injured, Simpson County EMA Director John Kilpatrick told WLBT-TV in Jackson.
Storm damage in Jasper County | Source: Bay Springs Fire Department
A mobile home in Leake County was destroyed in Wednesday’s storm, WLBT-TV also reported. The couple evacuated the home 10 minutes before the storm hit the area.
Authorities reported damage in Jasper County, according to WDAM-TV in Hattiesburg.
- Wednesday's storms left behind damage in central, south Mississippi
- Tornado damages homes in central Mississippi; no injuries reported
- Mississippi calculating cost of storm damage at prison
- UPDATE: South Mississippi escapee captured
- Man charged in fatal central Mississippi shooting
- Arrest made for central Mississippi murder
- Police investigate gunshots that damaged Mississippi home
- Tornado confirmed in Mississippi; some damage reported
- Mississippi could set fines for impeding left-lane traffic
- New Mississippi laws target dogfighting, left-lane driving