JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) — A man from Webster County is the first person locally to die from the coronavirus.
According to the state, the man was 65-to-70 years old with underlying health conditions. He died in a hospital.
That man is among four deaths reported Wednesday and five deaths reported statewide.
The latest two are a man 85-to-90 years old from Wilkinson County with underlying conditions who died in a hospital and a woman from Tunica County 75-to-80 years old who died in a long-term care facility.
The first death reported Wednesday was a man 60-to-65 years old with underlying conditions from Holmes County who died in a hospital.
Mississippi's first coronavirus death was reported last week — a man from Hancock County.
- Webster County man among five coronavirus deaths in Mississippi
- Man falls to death at Mississippi refinery
- Authorities seek info about death of Mississippi man
- Suspect in Missouri man's death arrested in Mississippi
- Alabama man charged in death of girlfriend in Mississippi
- Mississippi man back on death row, mental evaluation ordered
- Man pleads guilty to murder in death of Mississippi teen
- 3 from Mississippi plead guilty in Louisiana man's death
- Mississippi man found burned to death in car identified
- Mississippi man indicted in shooting deaths of 8 people