Authorities in Mississippi say a tornado was confirmed west of Jackson as early morning storms struck parts of the state.
WLBT reports that the National Weather Service confirmed that an EF-1 tornado touched down in Raymond on Monday morning.
There were no reports of injuries or major damage. The twister was about a mile from where a tornado had touched down a week earlier.
The Vicksburg Post reports that high winds in a line of storms Sunday night and early Monday morning broke power lines and power poles along Low Water Bridge Road in Issaquena County, knocking out power in the Eagle Lake area.
- Weather service confirms early Monday tornado in Mississippi
- Tornado confirmed in Mississippi town from Monday storm
- Tornado confirmed in Mississippi; some damage reported
- National Weather Service finds 8 tornadoes hit Mississippi
- NWS confirms 2 weekend tornadoes in Alabama
- 36 tornadoes confirmed in deadly Southeast outbreak
- At least 6 tornadoes confirmed in state
- Mississippi man confirmed as Veterans Affairs undersecretary
- Southern Mississippi marks tornado's one-year anniversary
- Tornado touches down in Mississippi, Louisiana