TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WTVA) — A Tuscaloosa police officer died after a Monday evening shooting, and law enforcement are holding someone in connection with the killing.
ABC 33/40 in Birmingham reported the officer was identified as Dornell Cousette, 40, a father of two daughters who was engaged to be married.
According to police, Cousette saw a wanted person on the front porch of a home after 6 p.m. The person went inside, Cousette followed and the two started shooting at one another.
That wanted person was injured in the shooting. Police have yet to release the person's name.
- Tuscaloosa police officer killed
- Tuscaloosa officer dies, suspect arrested in Alabama shooting
- Body found in shed at Tuscaloosa Lucky Dollar store
- Tuscaloosa looks to boost tourism with 200th anniversary
- Alabama set to execute inmate in '85 police officer killing
- ID released for man killed by Alabama police officers
- Man charged in killing of Alabama police officer
- Police ID officer in wreck that killed Mississippi woman
- Appeal denied in case tied to killing of 2 police officers
- Alabama police officer arrested for domestic violence