MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — President Donald J. Trump has named Mississippi State University President Mark E. Keenum as chairman of the Board for International Food and Agriculture Development.
The university said the White House announced the appointment this week.
The board was created in 1975. Board members are primarily from universities and provide advice on U.S. international assistance efforts in areas such as global food security and world hunger.
Keenum is an agricultural economist who previously served as undersecretary of the U.S. Department of Agriculture under President George W. Bush.
- Trump appoints Keenum to agriculture board
- Ivey appoints new Parole Board director
- Governor appoints interim MDOC commissioner
- Governor won't appoint self to U.S. Senate
- Mississippi governor appoints coronavirus prep committee
- Auburn appoints advisory committee to help find new AD
- Alabama Gov. Ivey appoints Mendheim to state Supreme Court
- Gov. Bryant appoints Cindy Hyde-Smith to succeed Thad Cochran
- Appointed US senator in Mississippi reports raising $1.6M
- Bryant appoints new DA for 4 eastern Mississippi counties