MOSS POINT, Miss. (AP) — A 2-year-old boy has drowned at an RV and recreational park in Mississippi.
Jackson County Sheriff Mike Ezell says deputies responded to Presley's Outing about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a drowning.
First responders took over efforts to revive the child, who was ultimately airlifted to Singing River Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Coroner Vicki Broadus confirmed the cause of death was accidental due to drowning.
Neither the child's name nor the circumstances surrounding the drowning have been released
- Toddler drowns in canal at Mississippi RV park
- Mississippi man drowns while fishing
- Missing Mississippi man identified as drowning victim
- 3 teenagers drown in Mississippi's Biloxi River
- Authorities say drowning in Mississippi lake was accidental
- 2-year-old Mississippi girl drowns after wandering from home
- 2 Mississippi teens charged with sexually assaulting toddler
- Mississippi day care closes after injuries to toddler's face
- Sheriff: Mississippi man killed toddler, man during dispute
- Man found in state park lake after apparent drowning