MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — The Mobile County Board of School Commissioners has voted unanimously to hire Chresal Threadgill as superintendent.
WKRG-TV reports Threadgill will take the position July 2, pending contract approval.
Current Superintendent Martha Peek will retire at the end of June.
Threadgill is currently the chief of staff for Mobile County Public Schools. He has served as superintendent of Elba City Schools and assistant superintendent for Troy City Schools.
In addition, he's served in his education career as a principal, assistant principal and classroom teacher as well as director of federal programs, director of curriculum, instruction and assessment and director of special education.
- Threadgill named superintendent of Mobile County schools
- Canton school superintendent fired
- Jackson County School Board replaces longtime superintendent
- Tennessee superintendent named in new role in Mississippi
- Timeline presented for hiring Alabama schools superintendent
- Dothan School Board chooses Edwards for superintendent
- School system seeks legal advice in superintendent search
- School system chooses superintendent, also has budget crisis
- High school student fires gun into air on Mobile campus
- Mississippi names top teacher and school administrator