MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee man has been convicted of killing a 16-year-old Mississippi girl and wounding four other people in a shooting at a park three years ago.
A jury found Marcus Malone guilty Friday of second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of 16-year-old Alana Tello, of Horn Lake, Mississippi.
Shelby County prosecutors said Malone fired into a group of teenagers at Zodiac Park in Memphis during a fight on Nov. 1, 2016. Two groups of teens had met at the park to settle a prior argument.
Tello was shot in the back of her neck. She died at the park. Four others were wounded.
The 20-year-old Malone also was convicted of five counts of attempted second-degree murder, 12 counts of aggravated assault and other charges. Sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 10.
- Tennessee man convicted in park shooting that killed teen
- Teen charged in shooting death of Tennessee teen in Alabama
- Man killed in parking shooting in Jackson
- Ex-constable convicted of shooting death in bar parking lot
- Man convicted of killing neighbor who tried to end fight
- Man convicted of killing carnival boss executed in Alabama
- Alabama man convicted of killing couple next door in 2015
- Man convicted of shooting son over wings while watching game
- Alabama man convicted of murder in boy's shooting death
- Tennessee pair arrested in fatal shooting of Alabama man