BILOXI, Miss. (AP) — A teenager who police say was trying to cross railroad tracks was struck by a train in Mississippi.
News outlets report that Maj. Chris DeBack with Biloxi police says the minor attempted to run across the tracks on Saturday afternoon at the Nichols Street crossing. Authorities say the teen sustained non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to the hospital. His current condition is unknown.
No further details have been released. The incident is under investigation.
- Teen hit by train sustains non-life-threatening injuries
- Alabama woman dies from injuries when car is hit by train
- Freight train derails in Mississippi, no injuries reported
- Mississippi teen jailed on charges he threatened shooting
- Teen accused of threatening to kill people at Alabama school
- Mobile man gets life sentence in teen's slaying
- Alabama man sentenced to life in teen's Mississippi death
- Residents threaten to sue city over flooding
- Man arrested after posts allegedly threaten violence
- 1 dead, 1 injured as pickup hit by train in Mississippi