BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A 17-year-old girl has been hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after she was shot in the head at a recreation center in Alabama.
Birmingham Police Sgt. William Herndon says the girl was a bystander who was shot when a spray of bullets hit the center Tuesday. AL.com reports that police have a female suspect in custody but she has not been charged.
Herndon says about 40 people were outside of the center when two women began to fight over a man. He says shots were fired and the teen was hit as she fled the scene.
- Teen bystander shot in head at Alabama recreation center
- Police: Bystander fatally shot in crossfire in Birmingham
- Teen fatally shot in central Alabama subdivision
- Mississippi murder suspect, bystander killed in Texas
- Police identify teen couple fatally shot in Alabama
- Police: Alabama teen shot dead after argument with man, 25
- Alabama teen dies after shots fired into vehicle
- Man shot and killed outside shopping center in Alabama
- Alabama man dies 2 days after being found shot in the head
- Alabama lawmakers head toward lottery vote