TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Alabama say a man has been captured after a high school student was fatally shot.
News outlets report that 48-year-old Donald Kenneth Robertson was captured at a Tuscaloosa motel. He was charged with several offenses including murder in the death of Holt High School student Jalen Merriweather.
Investigators say Robertson went to an apartment complex and started arguing with a woman about their child.
Robertson began hitting the woman with a pistol and Merriweather tried to intervene. Police say the suspect then shot Merriweather.
Capt. Kip Hart said Thursday that investigators are also charging three people with first-degree hindering prosecution.
News outlets did not report if Robertson has a lawyer.
- Suspect in shooting of student is captured
- Police: Alabama man captured in Florida after fatal shooting
- UPDATE: Rankin County escapee captured
- Alabama jail escapee captured in Georgia
- UPDATE: Yazoo County jail escapee captured
- Inmates captured after escaping correctional facility
- Escaped Alabama prisoner captured in West Virginia
- Officer shoots suspect at Mississippi gas station
- Report: South Mississippi shooting suspect found dead
- UPDATE: Missing inmate captured in Water Valley area