CENTRE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a man suspected in a killing in Alabama was arrested on a DUI charge in Georgia.
Cherokee County Sheriff Jeff Shaver told Al.com that a man was shot to death Saturday night at a home in the Salem community in east Alabama. The victim's name was not immediately released.
Shaver said the Georgia State Patrol took 19-year-old Matthew Gonzalez into custody early Sunday. Shaver said some of his investigators interviewed Gonzalez at the Paulding County Sheriff's Office in Georgia.
Georgia troopers charged Gonzalez with DUI, a violation of the open container law, driving without a license and a taillight violation.
Shaver says Gonzalez faces a capital murder charge in Alabama and will be extradited back to Cherokee County.
It was not immediately clear whether Gonzalez has a lawyer.
- Suspect in Alabama killing arrested in Georgia
- 2 Georgia natives killed in fatal accident in Alabama
- Alabama jail escapee captured in Georgia
- Man arrested in Mississippi carjacking, Alabama killing
- Alabama governor opposes release in slaying of Georgia teen
- No parole for woman in Georgia teen's slaying in Alabama
- Prosecutor: 4 Georgia men indicted in Alabama bank robbery
- Body pulled from river along Georgia-Alabama state line
- Deputy injured during Alabama chase that ended in Georgia
- Fish found in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee called endangered