SULLIGENT, Ala. (WTVA) - Sumiton, Alabama, police have captured a Sulligent, Alabama, bank robbery suspect.
Sulligent Police Chief Rick McDaniel identifies the suspect as Johnny Lynn Cordell, 51.
McDaniel says Cordell was taken into custody Friday morning by Sumiton police.
The bank robbery happened shortly before noon on Thursday at the First National Bank in Sulligent.
Previous Article - Sulligent police investigate bank robbery
Sulligent police later released a surveillance image of the suspect.
McDaniel says Cordell was identified from the image, and warrants were issued for his arrest.
Cordell faces the following charges in Sulligent.
- Theft – 1st degree
- Robbery – 3rd degree
- Burglary – 3rd degree
McDaniel says Cordell will be held in the Lamar County, Alabama, jail without a bond.
McDaniel thanked surrounding law enforcement agencies and the Sumiton Police Department for their diligent work.
Sumiton is approximately 21 miles northwest of Birmingham.
- Sulligent, Alabama, bank robbery suspect is in custody
- Sulligent, Alabama, police searching for bank robber
- Police: Man suspected of robbery in custody after car chase
- Prosecutor: 4 Georgia men indicted in Alabama bank robbery
- Man charged in Kentucky bank robbery found in Alabama
- Suspect in 7 Arizona bank robberies arrested in Mississippi
- Bank robbery suspect wounded by police after car chase
- Alabama prison guard in custody
- Alabama man mistakenly released back in custody
- Police: Alabama college student stabbed, roommate in custody