JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A college student in Mississippi was shot on campus and had wounds that were not life threatening.
Jackson State University released a statement Wednesday saying the student was taken to a local hospital after being shot in Dixon Hall dormitory.
The statement says there was no threat of an active shooter on campus.
The student's name and other details were not immediately available.
- Student shot, wounded on Jackson State University's campus
- Auburn University student chosen as Rhodes scholar
- Mississippi universities provide guidance to state's entrepreneurs
- High school student fires gun into air on Mobile campus
- Student suspended after nooses found on Alabama campus
- Jackson district sets longer school days for older students
- State could seize 2 small school districts but not Jackson
- Police ID man found dead at Jackson State apartment
- Auburn University students get help with unplanned pregnancy
- 16-year-old boy is shot in the face and killed in Jackson