JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - State troopers start their July 4 holiday enforcement period on Wednesday at midnight.
During the holiday enforcement period, the Mississippi Highway Patrol will use all available troopers for patrols and checkpoints to promote traffic safety.
The holiday enforcement period concludes at the end of July 4.
During the July 4, 2018, holiday enforcement period, troopers investigated 61 crashes and two fatalities. They also made 41 DUI arrests.
MHP conducts similar enforcement periods for national holidays, including Memorial Day and Thanksgiving.
- State troopers prepare for July 4 holiday enforcement period
- Troopers begin Christmas travel enforcement period
- Alabama troopers investigate 23 traffic deaths during holiday period
- Alabama troopers report 11 deaths during Thanksgiving holiday period
- Alabama troopers investigated 22 deaths during Christmas, New Year's holiday travel period
- MHP: Zero deaths recorded during Christmas enforcement period
- MHP to start New Year's enforcement period next week
- MHP reported three deaths during New Year's enforcement period
- Two traffic deaths recorded by MHP during July 4th period
- MHP records 10 deaths during Thanksgiving period