JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - State troopers start their July 4 holiday enforcement period on Wednesday at midnight.
During the holiday enforcement period, the Mississippi Highway Patrol will use all available troopers for patrols and checkpoints to promote traffic safety.
The holiday enforcement period concludes at the end of July 4.
During the July 4, 2018, holiday enforcement period, troopers investigated 61 crashes and two fatalities. They also made 41 DUI arrests.
MHP conducts similar enforcement periods for national holidays, including Memorial Day and Thanksgiving.
- State troopers prepare for July 4 holiday enforcement period
- Troopers starting Christmas enforcement period this week
- Alabama troopers investigate 23 traffic deaths during holiday period
- MHP: Zero deaths recorded during Christmas enforcement period
- MHP to start New Year's enforcement period next week
- MHP to begin Memorial Day enforcement period on Friday
- Two traffic deaths recorded by MHP during July 4th period
- State troopers: 7 children hurt in Alabama school bus crash
- Mississippi man shot dead by state troopers after chase
- Mississippi motorcyclist dies after hit by state trooper