JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi Representative Andy Gipson has announced he will not be joining the race for Mississippi's Third Congressional Distirct seat.
Gipson serves in the Legislature representing Rankin And Simpson counties.
Many Republicans had considered Gipson as a possible replacement for current U.S. Representative Gregg Harper.
Harper announced earlier this month he was not seeking re-election.
Harper is currently serving his fifth term in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- State lawmaker says he won't run for Congress
- Mississippi state Sen. Doty enters GOP primary for Congress
- Democratic state rep running for US House in Mississippi
- Mississippi secretary of state hints at run for other office
- Mississippi auditor to resign, run state veterans agency
- Mississippi state Sens. Tollison and Carmichael not running
- Report: Tupelo native enters race for Congress
- Holland tells lawmakers memory problems ease
- Mississippi lawmakers doing homework for budget process
- Some Mississippi lawmakers trained against sexual harassment