JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - State Auditor Shad White is looking for any possible savings among the Mississippi Department of Transportation.
Shad White | Photo: Gov's Office
- whether engineering fees charged to taxpayers are excessive,
- whether road and bridge projects are being effectively managed to avoid project delays and cost overruns,
- whether project selection can be improved,
- whether the most cost-effective vendors are being chosen,
- and how MDOT performs compared to other states or private sector infrastructure companies.
“My goal is to find a recognized company with private sector expertise in rooting out waste," White said. "Our hope is to spread the word about this critical project to attract as many bidders as possible and find the best partner available.”