VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — Authorities in Mississippi say a man has died after falling on an exposed electrical line he'd installed himself, causing him to be electrocuted.
The Vicksburg Post reports Warren County Sheriff's deputies discovered the body of 49-year-old Michael Slade Williams lying across a downed power line Monday morning.
Sheriff Martin Pace says Williams was working in his yard when he tripped and fell on the exposed wire. Pace says it appears Williams himself had previously installed the line between a meter and his home.
Pace says the incident is being investigated as an accident. An autopsy is pending.
- South Mississippi sheriff: Man electrocuted by downed power line
- Mississippi man who was electrocuted is identified
- Man electrocuted while working on Alabama high school
- TVA plans new power line in central Mississippi
- UPDATE: South Mississippi escapee captured
- Sheriff: Mississippi man killed toddler, man during dispute
- Sheriff: Alabama man who died was trying to steal power
- Mississippi Power closing all but 3 offices
- Man dies after jump from bridge into south Mississippi creek
- Sheriff: Mississippi man 'fed up with spouse' torched home