Updated 1/25/19 9:05 a.m.
The body of a missing Hinds County man was found early Friday morning in rural Copiah County, reports WLBT-TV in Jackson.
Joseph Zattoni | Photo: via WLBT-TV
An autopsy will be performed to determine how Stoney Dale Qualls died.
The Jackson TV station reports Hinds County investigators have charged Joseph Zattoni with capital murder. He is from Terry and is being held in the Raymond jail.
Qualls went missing Wednesday morning in Raymond after he was seen leaving a house to assist a stranded motorist involved in an accident.
Original post below
JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - State law enforcement is asking for help finding a missing central Mississippi man.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation issued a Silver Alert Wednesday night for Stoney Dale Qualls, 47, of Raymond.
Raymond is in Hinds County.
He was last seen Wednesday, Jan. 23, at 6 a.m. in the 400 block of Front Street in Raymond. He was seen leaving a residence to assist a stranded motorist involved in an accident.
He was wearing a dark blue bathrobe, pajama bottoms, a long-sleeved black shirt and glasses. He stands 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 195 pounds.
He may be traveling in a silver Dodge Ram pickup truck with a Tennessee Titans football team sticker on the rear window.
The truck’s tag number is HN11904.
It is possibly going to Byram, which is also located in Hinds County.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Hinds County Sheriff’s Department at 601-857-2600.
- UPDATE: Missing central Mississippi man found dead, arrest made
- Mother and daughter found dead in central Mississippi home
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Man reported missing in Alabama found dead
- Man dead, 2 injured, in central Mississippi shooting
- Missing Mississippi woman, 30, found dead in Florida
- Report: South Mississippi shooting suspect found dead
- Inmate found dead in South Mississippi jail
- Man accused of killing neighbor found dead in Mississippi
- Mississippi officials seek family of dead man found at home