NATCHEZ, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi man faces murder charges after officials say he shot and killed two other men in a domestic dispute.
The Natchez Democrat reports Jonathan Beach is jailed without bail in Adams County. Beach's lawyer declined to comment Monday.
Beach is charged with killing 34-year-old Jason Haley and 31-year-old Troy Whittington on Friday.
Officials say Beach's estranged wife, Ashley Beach, asked Haley and Whittington to come over. She told sheriff's deputies someone installed video cameras inside and outside her house without permission, believing Johnathan Beach responsible.
Adams County Sheriff Travis Patten said deputies were called again when Jonathan Beach returned. Before they arrived, Patten says Beach shot Haley and Whittington, who were also armed. Patten says they sought to protect Ashley Beach and others locked in a bedroom.
- Sheriff: Murder charges for man who shot wife's protectors
- Man charged with murder in deaths of wife, stepdaughter
- Man, first wife charged in killing of second wife
- Mississippi man charged in the death of his wife
- Mississippi man charged with killing wife in nursing home
- Sheriff: Man armed with AK-47 shot after Alabama carjacking
- Man charged with murder in 2016 Alabama man's disappearance
- Mississippi man accused of abducting estranged wife
- Sheriff: Man shoots wife, then himself at medical clinic in Marshall County
- Man charged after shots hit Greenville police car