SAUCIER, Miss. (AP) — The sheriff of Harrison County, Mississippi, says a man fatally shot a 2-year-old boy and a man during an altercation.
The Sun Herald reports Sheriff Troy Peterson says 34-year-old Billy Roberts was arrested and charged with first-degree murder and manslaughter in the slaying of the toddler and 20-year-old David Garcia. Peterson says deputies responded to a report of a shooting Saturday near Saucier and found the toddler and Garcia shot to death.
Authorities say the three lived together, and Peterson says Roberts got into a dispute with Garcia before the shooting. The nature of the dispute is unclear, as is the connection between Roberts, Garcia and the toddler.
Roberts was taken to the county jail. His bond was set at $1.5 million. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.
- Sheriff: Mississippi man killed toddler, man during dispute
- Police: Alabama man kills infant daughter, self in dispute
- Man arrested in Mississippi carjacking, Alabama killing
- Missouri man killed in Mississippi crash
- Mississippi newspaper wins dispute over government records
- Sheriff: Mississippi man 'fed up with spouse' torched home
- South Mississippi sheriff: Man electrocuted by downed power line
- Mississippi man drowns while fishing
- Officials identify Mississippi man killed in home invasion
- Man accused of killing neighbor found dead in Mississippi