KILN, Miss. (AP) — Authorities in Mississippi say a man has been wounded in a shooting and that his father is charged with aggravated domestic violence.
News outlets report the shooting happened Tuesday afternoon at a home in Kiln and that the man was being treated at a New Orleans hospital.
WLOX-TV quotes Hancock County Sheriff Ricky Adam in a report that says 67-year-old Ronald Ladner was arrested on the charge.
Adam says Ladner's son had been shot several times with a handgun during an argument and that he did not have a weapon.
Deputies are continuing to investigate. It is unclear if Ladner has a lawyer.
- Sheriff: Man arrested in domestic shooting that wounded son
- Man indicted in Christmas Eve lounge shooting that wounded 5
- Shooting kills man; wounds 2 including child in Alabama
- Police: Man sought for domestic violence flees, shoots self
- Sheriff: Man kills himself, his son, daughter and her fiancé
- Alabama police officer arrested for domestic violence
- Alabama sheriff's deputy shot during domestic violence call
- Man convicted of shooting son over wings while watching game
- 4 men wounded in Birmingham drive-by shooting
- Police: 3 people wounded during shooting at nightclub