FOREST, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi authorities say a burned car found with a body inside at the Bienville National Forest belongs to a missing woman.
Scott County Sheriff Mike Lee says the burned car belongs to 32-year-old Latasha Patrick Johnson. Investigators were able to determine ownership by the VIN and license plate number.
Lee could not say if the badly burned body belonged to Johnson due to its condition. The sheriff says they have talked to some suspects and people of interest.
- Sheriff: Burned car with body belonged to missing woman
- Body of missing woman found
- Missing woman's body identified, husband's charges upgraded
- Burned body found in car in south Mississippi
- Decomposed body found in car truck identified as missing man
- Sheriff: Woman charged with littering for dumping dog's body
- Missing Alabama woman's body found at bottom of a well
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Police: Body of missing Alabama toddler found
- Woman saves paralyzed man from burning van