FOREST, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi authorities say a burned car found with a body inside at the Bienville National Forest belongs to a missing woman.
Scott County Sheriff Mike Lee says the burned car belongs to 32-year-old Latasha Patrick Johnson. Investigators were able to determine ownership by the VIN and license plate number.
Lee could not say if the badly burned body belonged to Johnson due to its condition. The sheriff says they have talked to some suspects and people of interest.
- Sheriff: Burned car with body belonged to missing woman
- Missing woman's body identified, husband's charges upgraded
- Burned body found in car in south Mississippi
- Sheriff: Woman charged with littering for dumping dog's body
- Decomposed body found in car truck identified as missing man
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Woman saves paralyzed man from burning van
- Former boyfriend of burned woman fatally shot
- Alabama woman's body found weeks after disappearance
- Woman's body found at north Alabama landfill