KEMPER COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - At least three people have died and several others were injured in a multi-vehicle wreck in Kemper County, WTOK-TV reports.
The wreck happened Wednesday afternoon on Highway 45 between Porterville and Lauderdale.
The wreck forced the closure of the highway.
Kemper County Sheriff James Moore described the scene as “chaos,” The Associated Press reported.
He said one of the vehicles involved was a school bus that was empty.
This marks the second tragedy this week in Kemper County.
A wreck on Monday killed eight people on Highway 16, east of Scooba.
Editor's Note: This article has been modified to include a link to an article that has the names of the deceased victims.
- Another fatal wreck reported in Kemper County
- Mississippi deputies involved in fatal wreck resign
- Report: Gulf Coast wreck could be last US slave ship
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed
- Noose reported at Simpson County school
- 4 hurt in ambulance wreck in Alabama
- Wreck claims life of north Alabama woman
- Teen fatally shot in central Alabama subdivision
- Man charged in fatal central Mississippi shooting
- Mississippi authorities investigate fatal shooting by deputy