CLINTON, Miss. (WTVA) — Seven people, a mother and her six children, died in a house fire early Saturday morning near Jackson.
WLBT-TV reported the fire happened at a home around 12:30 a.m. on Old Vicksburg Road in Clinton just west of the Jackson city limits.
Fire Chief Jeff Blackledge said the victims ranged in age from 1 to 33.
He added the father survived but suffered smoke inhalation, burns, cuts and bruises.
The state will look into what started the fire.
- Six children, mother died in overnight house fire near Jackson
- 2 Mississippi children die in house fire
- Mississippi couple dies in house fire
- Boy, 2, dies in Friday morning house fire in Montgomery
- Officials: Man, 1-year-old died in Mississippi house fire
- Storms impact Jackson Zoo
- Alabama boat dock fire: Four of the 8 who died were children, authorities say
- Boy dies after falling from wagon at children's hospital
- Tugboat engine room fire restricts river traffic overnight
- Space heater blamed for massive motel fire in Jackson