JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi State Department of Health confirms a second pediatric flu death for the 2017-2018 flu season.
The death occurred in Central Mississippi.
Pediatric deaths are defined as deaths of individuals under the age of 18.
The first death was reported in South Mississippi in late-January.
There have been a total of 18 pediatric flu deaths reported in Mississippi since pediatric flu deaths became reportable in the 2008-2009 flu season.
As of February 10, there have been 84 pediatric flu deaths reported this season nationwide.
- Second pediatric flu death confirmed this season
- MSDH reports first pediatric flu death of 2017-2018 season
- Mississippi records third pediatric flu death of 2017-18 season
- State health officials confirm first pediatric flu death of 2018-2019 season
- Mississippi health lab confirms first flu case of season
- First lady meets with children at pediatric center
- Mississippi confirms its 1st death connected to vaping
- Alabama confirms state’s 1st vaping-related death
- Worst of flu season may be over in Mississippi
- US flu season off to an early start; widespread in 7 states