SAVANNAH, Tenn. (WTVA) - Authorities in Tennessee are searching for three people near Pickwick Lake.
They are looking for a missing 43-year-old and two 15-year-olds from Obion County, Tennessee.
Each boater was a part of the Obion Central High School fishing team club tournament that took place Saturday, WMC-TV in Memphis reports.
The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency confirmed rescues crews found a boat that is believed to have disappeared with the three people. The boat was recovered Monday morning on the Tennessee River below the dam, near Savannah, WBBJ-TV in Jackson, Tennessee, reports.
Timothy Watkins of Obion County Schools issued the following statement:
Two students and a parent who was acting as a chaperone are missing. They were not at weigh-in Saturday afternoon. It was believed that they had left early. Parents reported that the students had not been home at 7:30 last night. Authorities at Pickwick were contacted and a search was started. TWRA and emergency services personnel from Hardin County are conducting the search.
Pickwick Lake borders Tishomingo County, Mississippi, and northwest Alabama.
Obion County is located in northwest Tennessee along the Kentucky state line.
- Search continues for missing teens, adult near Pickwick Lake; boat found
- 2 of 3 missing anglers found; search continues
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Sheriff: Missing Bolivar County teen found
- Search continues for man missing in Alabama since October
- Alabama sheriff identifies body of missing man found in lake
- Missing 3-year-old Kamille McKinney not found in morning search
- Officials fighting invasive plant ban boats in part of lake
- Boating deaths are soaring on Alabama’s lakes and rivers
- Search continues for 2 prison escapees