SCOTT COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A school bus crashed Thursday morning in Scott County, sending the driver and several kids to the hospital.
Scott County is east of Jackson.
Scott County Sheriff Mike Lee told WLBT-TV in Jackson the bus left the road and hit some trees.
Fifteen kids were on the bus. The driver was injured and was transported to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson with what appears to be non-life-threatening injuries.
The TV station reports several of the children were taken to local hospitals for precautionary measures and non-life-threatening injuries.
- School bus crashes in Scott County
- School bus crash in Alabama kills 1, injures 11
- State troopers: 7 children hurt in Alabama school bus crash
- Senior class president involved in school bus crash dies
- UAB bus crash injures many in Alabama
- Mississippi school district needs bus drivers
- Man accused of crashing into child waiting at bus stop
- 2 in car dead after hitting school bus in Senatobia
- Alabama school bus gets caught in crossfire leaving depot
- MHP begins Operation STOP, promoting safety at school bus zones