WOODVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The Louisiana Department of Health reported a 90-year-old Mississippi man died of the coronavirus, according to WLBT-TV in Jackson.
Health officials confirmed to WAFB that the man from Woodville, Mississippi, died from the coronavirus at a hospital in Baton Rouge.
Baton Rouge Coroner Dr. Beau Clark said the man died on March 21.
Woodville is approximately 40 miles northwest of Baton Rouge.
As of Wednesday afternoon, the Mississippi State Department of Health has confirmed three deaths. The three victims were men from Hancock, Holmes and Webster counties.
- Report: 90-year-old Mississippi man died of coronavirus, Louisiana Dept. of Health confirms
- Engaged Louisiana corporal dies in Mississippi crash
- Mississippi man dies after truck runs off Louisiana bridge
- Tornado confirmed in Mississippi; some damage reported
- Fugitive wanted in Mississippi arrested in Louisiana
- Tornado touches down in Mississippi, Louisiana
- Louisiana Catholic hospitals could add Mississippi hospital
- Mississippi officer resigns after indictment in Louisiana
- Mississippi teacher killed in Louisiana; 2 arrested
- Possible tornadoes strike parts of Mississippi, Louisiana