BATESVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Two teenagers now face felony murder charges after a Panola County constable was killed during a police chase.
Darion Dogan, 16, and Johnathan Taylor, 15, will both be charged as adults under Mississippi law, FOX 13 in Memphis reports.
The incident happened at approximately 2:30 p.m. on Thursday when officers from Charleston were chasing the two teenagers in a stolen vehicle, the Memphis TV station reports.
The teenagers crashed into the constable who was responding to that scene.
The Mississippi Department of Public Safety identified the constable as 57-year-old Raye Hawkins of Courtland.
Previous Article - Constable died in Panola County crash
Officials said the two teenagers stole a vehicle in a nearby county and were speeding through Batesville and ran into Hawkins’ car, FOX 13 reports.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Report: 2 teens charged with murder in death of Panola County constable
- Constable died in Panola County crash
- Ex-constable convicted of shooting death in bar parking lot
- Panola County deputies seek man involved in dogfighting ring
- Teen charged in shooting death of Tennessee teen in Alabama
- Man pleads guilty to murder in death of Mississippi teen
- Teen charged with murder as alleged robbery accomplice dies
- Police drop capital murder charge against Mississippi teen
- Teen charged with manslaughter in sister's shooting death
- Bond revoked for teen charged in death of Auburn announcer