RIDGELAND, Miss. (WTVA) — A Jackson radio talk show host says he is running for the U.S. House in the Third Congressional District.
James Tulp, of Ridgeland, will challenge Representative Michael Guest in the March 2020 Republican primary.
Guest is in his first term representing the district that runs from Starkville, Oktibbeha and Noxubee counties to southwest Mississippi.
Qualifying for the 2020 party primaries ends on January 2.
The primaries will take place March 10 with any necessary runoffs scheduled for March 31.
- Radio host to challenge Guest in GOP congressional primary
- Baria, Guest win congressional primary runoffs
- Hughes seeks to push past Guest in congressional GOP runoff
- No debate in GOP congressional primary runoff in Mississippi
- POLL: Wicker could face tough primary challenge from McDaniel
- Chris McDaniel says he'll challenge Roger Wicker in primary
- Mississippi state Sen. Doty enters GOP primary for Congress
- Britton joins GOP primary for Mississippi secretary of state
- Mississippi GOP governor candidates hold pre-primary debate
- GOP's Parker leaves utility race after residency challenge