GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi police are searching for a driver who struck a pedestrian in a fatal hit-and-run.
The Sun Herald of Biloxi cites a release by Gulfport police Sgt. Josh Bromen that says police were on their way to conduct a welfare check when they found a man lying unconscious in the road. The man was identified as 53-year-old Lawrence Ducksworth.
Ducksworth had been hit by a car and died late Wednesday at a hospital. The Gulfport Police Department Accident Reconstruction Unit is investigating.
- Police in Mississippi identify victim in fatal hit-and-run
- Missing Mississippi man identified as drowning victim
- Police: Man fatally crashes while fleeing hit-and-run
- Arkansas woman killed by hit-and-run on Mississippi highway
- Mississippi man hit, killed, running across I-10 in rain
- Police identify teen couple fatally shot in Alabama
- Police: Mississippi teen fatally shot, 2 people charged
- Family sues over fatal police shooting in Mississippi
- Mississippi man who was electrocuted is identified
- Authorities identify body found in Mississippi creek